Highlighted

How to enable smart guides?

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to follow the following tutorial where the author is snapping the anchor point to different parts of a shape using smart guides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXQZPcSElmI

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable smart guides... also Google brings up little results and I can't see anything in the menus.

Do smart guides still exist in newer versions of AE?

This tutorial is in Adobe After Effects CC 2020 and is about the Anchor Point 1. How To Move the Anchor Point without moving layer 2. How To Center the Ancho...
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

With the selection tool (v) or the anchor point/pan behind tool (y) selected you will see an option in the toolbar to turn snapping on or off with a check box. That's all there is to it. There are two other tools to the right of th Enable Snapping checkbox and if you hover over them or just experiment for a moment or two, you'll figure out when it is a good idea to have these turned on. I usually have both turned off.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to enable smart guides?

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to follow the following tutorial where the author is snapping the anchor point to different parts of a shape using smart guides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXQZPcSElmI

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable smart guides... also Google brings up little results and I can't see anything in the menus.

Do smart guides still exist in newer versions of AE?

This tutorial is in Adobe After Effects CC 2020 and is about the Anchor Point 1. How To Move the Anchor Point without moving layer 2. How To Center the Ancho...
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

With the selection tool (v) or the anchor point/pan behind tool (y) selected you will see an option in the toolbar to turn snapping on or off with a check box. That's all there is to it. There are two other tools to the right of th Enable Snapping checkbox and if you hover over them or just experiment for a moment or two, you'll figure out when it is a good idea to have these turned on. I usually have both turned off.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0