Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to evenly space speed graph bezier curves

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quick question.

im trying to animate a box's scale, and i easy eased the keyframes, and in the speed graph I am trying to speed up the animation in the center, and the only way to do it (besides for CTRL+SHIFT+K, which opens up the keyframe velocity window) within the graph is to drag the handles.

Is the any, any way to shift the handles with the keyboard (like ALT+PGDOWN for nudging keyframes)? It would make for even spacing in the curve!

Thank you!

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Since the graph editor is kind of a hack and does not hzave separate contextual keyboard shortcuts such a thing doesn't exist.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium.

Thanks for your answer.

I'm wondering what tips you (or anyone) have on how to center the speed evenly. 

What I will start doing, is manually drag 1 handle, look at the value, and apply the value to the second keyframe... Im just perfectionist when it comes to these stuff.. 🙂

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually do most of my Graph editing using the pen tool (g) instead of the selection tool (v). There are options that you can call up by pressing the Alt/Option and Crl/Cmnd key that you don't get with the selection tool. The hardest thing about editing with the graph editor is understanding what the graphs are telling you. It just takes practice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I found this free script which sort of helps with my perfectionism... 

It's called under the influence by motion array

https://motionarray.com/learn/after-effects/how-to-easily-create-better-animations-in-adobe-after-ef...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines