• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fade a blur from full blur to no blur across a linear space

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume this is relatively easy, but not quite seeing it.  I would like to apply a gausian blur to underlying layers such that it is very blurry at one end of a reectangle, and no blur at the other end, fading between much like a gradient.

So far, I've had no luck trying to dial in various combinations of adjustment layers with gausian blur effect along with applied gradients.

thx.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Using a mask or track matte on an adjustment layer will limit any effect, but you'll have to pre-compose the track matte, the adjustment layer, and the rectangle so that the effect does not apply to all of the layers in the comp. I created a simple text box, added it to a new comp, created black to white gradient fill, put an adjustment layer below it, and got this:

Screenshot_2020-10-22 09.43.46_PUmdBW.png

The screenshot shows you everything I did to limit the Gaussian Blur effect using the gradient as a luma track matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not natively possible. There is no way to modulate the blur kernel. If that's really what you want, your only option is the camera lens blur with a custom faux depth map. Otherwise buy RevisionFX SmoothKit. It has exactly the kind of Gaussian Blur effect you are looking for.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a mask or track matte on an adjustment layer will limit any effect, but you'll have to pre-compose the track matte, the adjustment layer, and the rectangle so that the effect does not apply to all of the layers in the comp. I created a simple text box, added it to a new comp, created black to white gradient fill, put an adjustment layer below it, and got this:

Screenshot_2020-10-22 09.43.46_PUmdBW.png

The screenshot shows you everything I did to limit the Gaussian Blur effect using the gradient as a luma track matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great trick! Worked. Could someone make this as a plug-in or a script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines