Highlighted

How to fix a white box crash in After Effects?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to fix a white box crash in After Effects? My AE file became corrupt when i was working in premiere - i went to render my premiere project which contained a link to this after effects file. The render froze so I forced quit... i saved my projects before rendering so i didn't expect to have any problems. When i went to open that premiere file again, the project opened but the after effects media was not linking up. I just got these "media pending" boxes. So i opened the after effects file to attempt to re-link and all i got was a frozen white box. I have seeked guidance from the Adobe chat, but we've been trying to fix the issue for the last 2 hours with no luck... and now the rep is not responding the my chat. so i guess that adobe rep has given up on me. please please help. 

[Title edited by Mod.]

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to fix a white box crash in After Effects?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to fix a white box crash in After Effects? My AE file became corrupt when i was working in premiere - i went to render my premiere project which contained a link to this after effects file. The render froze so I forced quit... i saved my projects before rendering so i didn't expect to have any problems. When i went to open that premiere file again, the project opened but the after effects media was not linking up. I just got these "media pending" boxes. So i opened the after effects file to attempt to re-link and all i got was a frozen white box. I have seeked guidance from the Adobe chat, but we've been trying to fix the issue for the last 2 hours with no luck... and now the rep is not responding the my chat. so i guess that adobe rep has given up on me. please please help. 

[Title edited by Mod.]

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, troseholland.

Can you share the case number with me so that I can investigate what went wrong?

Do you see a frozen white box in the Comp panel? Can you provide a screenshot of how it looks like?

Also, I am moving your post into a new thread for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0