Highlighted

How to get rid of Cineware plugin. Please help!

Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the newest version of AE, every time I open an old project it initializes Cineware eventhough there is no instance of the plugin used in the project.  Plus, when I exit AE I check the taskmanger and see it is filled with numerable instances of Cineware. One for every project I open.

Cineware nightmare.jpg

So, I own Cinema4D S22 and never use the plugin in AE.

I just want to get rid of this Cineware plugin in AE without disturbing the full install of C4D. I've tried moving the Maxon plug-in folder out of AE but then AE just throws up errors when I try to open a project. And every instruction on Adobe sites refers to deleting the entire Maxon S22 install—which will affect my full program.

Please, someone tell me how to do this. Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

It is initializing Cieware because you have your comp set to use the C4D rendering engine. Open comp settings and change the settings to Classic 3D.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to get rid of Cineware plugin. Please help!

Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the newest version of AE, every time I open an old project it initializes Cineware eventhough there is no instance of the plugin used in the project.  Plus, when I exit AE I check the taskmanger and see it is filled with numerable instances of Cineware. One for every project I open.

Cineware nightmare.jpg

So, I own Cinema4D S22 and never use the plugin in AE.

I just want to get rid of this Cineware plugin in AE without disturbing the full install of C4D. I've tried moving the Maxon plug-in folder out of AE but then AE just throws up errors when I try to open a project. And every instruction on Adobe sites refers to deleting the entire Maxon S22 install—which will affect my full program.

Please, someone tell me how to do this. Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

It is initializing Cieware because you have your comp set to use the C4D rendering engine. Open comp settings and change the settings to Classic 3D.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
BNC10 LATEST
Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Disregard my other reply. You were right. It was in a comp that wasn't being used. So eventhough my main comp was set to Classic 3d, it seems any one even existing in the project will intialize Cineware (C4D). See my test even threw me...Classic renderer but C4D intializing...3d Renderer and Cinema 4d.jpg

Now they just need to make it close properly after AE is shutdown if you do use it. Something on my system won't let Cineware close if it does start even though you've exited AE. I have to close it with Taskmanger. I'll just avoid it. Big headache anyway.

But thanks again, you fixed my biggest problem.

BC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines