• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of the error: [effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running After effects 14.2.0.198 on a Mac Pro(Late 2013) running 10.10.5, and have been having this error for the last 6 hours or so:

[effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

After searching on the web and this community, I tried restarting AE, updating AE, restarting my Mac, purge all memory and disk cache, reset AE preferences, rearrange the effects order, put HSL effect before the effect in the error message.

I am using third-party effects, they are all built-in AE effects like corner pin, fast blur, levels, HSL, curves.....etc

None of them work.

Any idea to get rid of it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working in 8, 16, or 32-bit color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does changing that make the error stop appearing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still getting this problem on 2017. I am working on footage that is 3800x1200 exrs. I am working in 32 bit.

Simple fx such as tint, levels, exposure, and blurs have this problem.

It is quite difficult to finish the job as such.

Thank you,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this problem to please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe we used the grow bounds effect to fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to get this error too. I have tried all sorts of things to see if it fixes but it does not.

Changing from 8 to 16 to 32 doesn't do anything.

Changing the rendering engine from software to GPU or vice-versa does nothing. 

Blending colors using Gamma 1.0 or going from 2.2 to 2.4 or vice-versa does nothing.

Turning off the audio on the project does nothing.

I have updated to the newest version and it hasn't fixed.

I am at a loss for what is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Basically, I had this "Lens blur" effect on a huge slide show template I've had for a few years. I spent hours dropping in 50+ photos and arranging them, and the template I am using had layers and layers of comps, so just to get to each photo to turn off "lens blur" and replace it with the new version of the effect, I would have had to open like 4 comps for each photo and then rekey the effect. 

SOLUTION: I installed AE CS6, project couldn't be opened! Bah! But, I went to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects and found "Lens Blur.aex" copied it into the same folder for AE CC, then when I reopened the project the old Lens Blur effect worked and actually rendered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out what the issue was after digging into and turning on/off different effects. 

For whatever reason time remap in this template didn't want to act right. It worked fine before with different projects and I never had an issue. Not sure if it was an upgrade to After Effects that caused it but who knows. I just turned it off, redid it manually and it works fine. The only thing is now I have to do that for any and all comps that are a part of this template. Geezy-Peezy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running throught the same issue, then i figured out what happened. In my case, i was working with a stencil alpha blending mode for the top layer, then on top of that layer, i added an adjustment layer. The effect didn't work out because it was over the stencil layer, once i move the adjustment layer under the stencil layer, the error stopped poping up. But in my case, the error apeared once i tried to render the video. After moving the adjustment layer down, that render sheep stopped crying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!

I am also getting this error - but I am working on a simple project that primarily uses shapes made in AE.  It's a big project - and this error is driving me insane and slowing down my workflow immensely.  

I'm using AE 2020 on a pretty new mac with 64 gigs of ram.  

I see lots of suggestions, but what's the solution (if any)?

After effects error: S returned invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER (25 :: 237)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem.

HELP !

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey tara, hope you're doing well.

I had a complex 30seconds intro video with lots of layers and heavy effects, but I fixed my problem by deleting the adjustment layer which was on top of all videos layers with the color correction filter, and applied the color correction filter to each and every video instead, by getting rid of that layer, my problem was solved :D. I hope it helped, have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! That fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg, thank you so much for clarifying my mind. I'm kinda new at this and I was struggling a lot with this error. You helped me to come up with the idea of making a composition for all the layers under the transition that I wanted to apply and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Applying effect directly to layer and not on adjustment layer worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would fix if you change the BCP. (8 - 16 - 32)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

same error message here in AE 18.2.0 (CC21).

I get the error in the middle of my comp when I use a set Matte effect which links to a Solid with Mask & CornerPin (form Mocha).

I really like the Set Matte Effect because you dont need to duplicate layers 500 times but it really brings a lot of problems like this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set Matte + Corner Pin (From Mocha) is the same issue for me, its not for the entire duration but like 3 frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, It was the Set Matte effect..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have just had this problem. For me, I had to turn off the mask on 3 layers that had the corner pin effect on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, I think it's because the effect you're using, it just happened to me, when I remove the effect, the error is gone, hope this helps:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dudes,

Stubled upon this having a similar issue in AE 2021, 16GB Ram rising a GTX 1070Ti, windows 10.

What fixed the situation for me was disabling then turning back on my CUDA acceleration thing...this reduced the error but I still got it a bit, then I realised I had an .mp4 in the project...AE hates mp4's so I re-exported this as a .mov and it seemed to behave itself. Hopes this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines