Highlighted

How to get rid of the error: [effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running After effects 14.2.0.198 on a Mac Pro(Late 2013) running 10.10.5, and have been having this error for the last 6 hours or so:

[effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

After searching on the web and this community, I tried restarting AE, updating AE, restarting my Mac, purge all memory and disk cache, reset AE preferences, rearrange the effects order, put HSL effect before the effect in the error message.

I am using third-party effects, they are all built-in AE effects like corner pin, fast blur, levels, HSL, curves.....etc

None of them work.

Any idea to get rid of it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to get rid of the error: [effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running After effects 14.2.0.198 on a Mac Pro(Late 2013) running 10.10.5, and have been having this error for the last 6 hours or so:

[effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

After searching on the web and this community, I tried restarting AE, updating AE, restarting my Mac, purge all memory and disk cache, reset AE preferences, rearrange the effects order, put HSL effect before the effect in the error message.

I am using third-party effects, they are all built-in AE effects like corner pin, fast blur, levels, HSL, curves.....etc

None of them work.

Any idea to get rid of it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 12, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working in 8, 16, or 32-bit color?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8-bit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does changing that make the error stop appearing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still getting this problem on 2017. I am working on footage that is 3800x1200 exrs. I am working in 32 bit.

Simple fx such as tint, levels, exposure, and blurs have this problem.

It is quite difficult to finish the job as such.

Thank you,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this problem to please help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe we used the grow bounds effect to fix this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to get this error too. I have tried all sorts of things to see if it fixes but it does not.

Changing from 8 to 16 to 32 doesn't do anything.

Changing the rendering engine from software to GPU or vice-versa does nothing. 

Blending colors using Gamma 1.0 or going from 2.2 to 2.4 or vice-versa does nothing.

Turning off the audio on the project does nothing.

I have updated to the newest version and it hasn't fixed.

I am at a loss for what is a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Basically, I had this "Lens blur" effect on a huge slide show template I've had for a few years. I spent hours dropping in 50+ photos and arranging them, and the template I am using had layers and layers of comps, so just to get to each photo to turn off "lens blur" and replace it with the new version of the effect, I would have had to open like 4 comps for each photo and then rekey the effect. 

SOLUTION: I installed AE CS6, project couldn't be opened! Bah! But, I went to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects and found "Lens Blur.aex" copied it into the same folder for AE CC, then when I reopened the project the old Lens Blur effect worked and actually rendered. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out what the issue was after digging into and turning on/off different effects. 

For whatever reason time remap in this template didn't want to act right. It worked fine before with different projects and I never had an issue. Not sure if it was an upgrade to After Effects that caused it but who knows. I just turned it off, redid it manually and it works fine. The only thing is now I have to do that for any and all comps that are a part of this template. Geezy-Peezy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0