• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get the ALT to work like normal

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating to the latest AE version when I press the ALT key and there is a 3d layer in the comp it brings the camera orbit tool instead of the function that the alt should do.

like when using a plugin called composite brush we click to select color and alt-click to deselect a color 
I can't disable 20 3D layers every time I want to make an adjustment
Is there a solution? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Open Preferences/3D and change the settings for the camera tool. Turn off the Activate Option - Left/Middle/Right-click for Camera Navigation. I don't know who had the idea that this would help the workflow, but it's easy to turn off. The other camera tools take a minute to get used to but they are helpful. The first thing I did after looking at the new features guide and launching AE was to turn off this option.

It is always a very good idea to spend a few minutes reading about the New Features

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open Preferences/3D and change the settings for the camera tool. Turn off the Activate Option - Left/Middle/Right-click for Camera Navigation. I don't know who had the idea that this would help the workflow, but it's easy to turn off. The other camera tools take a minute to get used to but they are helpful. The first thing I did after looking at the new features guide and launching AE was to turn off this option.

It is always a very good idea to spend a few minutes reading about the New Features before you install a new build or version of any software. You will find specific information on the new Camera tools here. You can also find a lot of good training materials for all Adobe apps right in the Creative Cloud app. 

Screenshot_2020-11-16 04.14.05_DxCUSM.png

You can open preferences using the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines