Highlighted

how to improve fuzzy security camera videos?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a video of an animal recorded at night by a security camera. the quality is very fuzzy or grainy or whatever the word should be. what are the steps to improve the quality to see it at least a bit more clearly and defined? youtube link to it 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to improve fuzzy security camera videos?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a video of an animal recorded at night by a security camera. the quality is very fuzzy or grainy or whatever the word should be. what are the steps to improve the quality to see it at least a bit more clearly and defined? youtube link to it 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really much to do here. You could try the old "remove MPEG artifacts" tricks (simply do a web search) because ultimately that's what's the most critical thing here - CCTV devices use very low data rates for their compressed video in order to allow long durations to fit on realtively small storage mediums. Beyond that you could try some subtle edge sharpening once you've removed the chatter from the block artifacts, but that's pretty much it.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've never done any sort of enhancing like this before. how do i remove them and how do i use edge sharpening? i just got Adobe AF for the first time an hour ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MPEG compression and low light make it impossible to do much more than increase the contrast in the edges. Unfortunately, as you can see in this frame, there is absolutely no detail in the animal. I would surprised if you could even see it. It is just left of the sidewalk about halfway to the car.

Screenshot_2020-07-04 09.37.52_VeVPQo.png

This is the best frame I could find:

Screenshot_2020-07-04 09.44.48_3cPJbo.png

This is the best I could do with the screenshot:

Screenshot_2020-07-04 09.52.12_RpjxcI.png

Unfortunately, 0 + 0 is still 0.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for doing what you could. hopefully, not all animal footage will be as bad. if it is, i'll just accept it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of techniques, but if you plan on capturing a bunch of footage like that I would put install an IR light by the camera.

Univivi IR Illuminator 90 Degree Wide Angle 8-LEDs IR Infrared Light for Security Cameras

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0