• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to loop composition when the loopout expression is inside the composition on a shape layer?

Participant ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When outside the composition the loop expression doesnt seem to work when it is applied on the shape layer inside the comp. How to loop it?

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem , Expressions , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

I found the answer myself.Just had to make keyframe at the 1st frame of shape layer

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be much more specific and properly explain your setup. There is no reason why an expression inside a sub-comp should not evaluate just by pre-composing. whatever is going on has a specific cause, but throwing out generic "this doesn't work" posts is simply not helpful. Exact details about the project, screenshots and so on are required.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A loop operator must be applied to the property you want to loop. If the property has no keyframes you cannot loop it. 

I don't have any idea what it means when you say something is outside the composition. I'm thinking you have a shape layer with some kind of looping property in a pre-comp (nested comp), but you are trying to add a loop to some property in the nested composition layer, it does not make anything happen.

If you need further help use the little mountain range with the sun icon above to embed a screenshot that shows us your workflow in detail including the modified properties of any layer you are having problems with. Select the layer, press uu, take a screenshot, embed it, and then explain what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it works inside, it should work outside. make sure there are no unnecessary keyframes outside, and that everything is organized. maybe try to purge the memory - edit->purge->all. if this doesn't work, show us a screenshot or screen recording where we can see all the layers and what exactly is going on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My this problem is solved. Is there an expression for looping an animation with 1 or 2 keyframe gap?

Here is 2nd problem i am having i want to make this animation symettrical

https://we.tl/t-BmqADdcOie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not exactly sure what you are showing here. if you want a gap simply add another keyframe and it will include that in the loop as well. not sure what you mean in symetrical. what ever you need to loop simply create the set of keyframes you wish and to repeat itself. use duplicate keyframes if you want some gap. you can use time remapping on the precomp if you want to precomp a group of layers together as one sequence. 

if that doesn't work for you try to be specific what is you wish to accomplish and what is the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir i have posted a link to the  video .You can see it

The zZ Secondary motion is moving randomly when i apply loop expression to both position and scale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the answer myself.Just had to make keyframe at the 1st frame of shape layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines