• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a wavey road

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering how to make a road in AE, similar to the level in mario kart called Rainbow Road?

From what I can tell is this can be done with sort of wide path (shape layer) that needs to be drawn in a 3D space?

rainbowroadDS.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do that in Cinema 4D Lite that comes included (yes, included) with your AE subscription. If you've never used C4D, I HIGHLY recommend going through something like this (free) series: https://cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cinema_4d_lite_reference/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea. Do you know where I can find Cinema 4D lite for adobe users? I'm having trouble finding the right link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's inside AE CC. Trust me, you should really go through a basic getting started course first. Like the one I linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is nuts, it's just sitting inside there like a giant Easter egg.

As for the original thread, i'm not necessarily set on anything as complex as the wavey road in mario kart, but anything along those lines in After Effects itself would be interesting to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could get something like that with any of the psuedo-3d particle effects that let you use a custom sprite for the particles and using a rainbow line shape as the particle. So, for example, if you have Particular or Stardust, you could get this pretty easily. Now, if you have Particular, you might also have Tao which could be even easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines