• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Mask 3D Layers while using Cinema 4D Renderer

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I want to mask a portion of a 3D shape layer on my project. The problem is, I’m using a Cinema 4D Renderer since I want to enable extrusion on those shape layers.

Apparently the C4D renderer doesn’t support any of the masking techniques I tried so far.

Is there any other way to achieve the same output/effect?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-compose and set the parent comp renderer to the standard renderer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you considered setting up your comp with the classic rendering engine, the lights, the camera moves, and even including all of the textures you want to apply to your extruded shapes, then exporting that comp as a C4D file and doing the extruding in C4D Lite? You have a lot more control over everything. There are a couple of recent threads on the technique and I have posted fairly detailed descriptions of the workflow. You might want to check out this thread: How to create a 3D spaceship hangar?3133

If you want to stick with the C4D rendering option and extruding text and shape layers in AE, then you will have to nest those comps in a standard comp and apply your effects and masks there. It gets a lot more complicated very quickly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines