• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to match the last and first image of an effect (wave warp)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try again and again to match the last and the first image of my effect (wave warp on hair so that it waves) so that when the composition comes back to the beginning, there is no cut but I still can't get it to work? Please help me ?

Ty 🙂

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Did you try to copy the first keyframe and paste it as the last one and continue to the next one?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to copy the first keyframe and paste it as the last one and continue to the next one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way is to ensure the Wave Speed property is an integer and your timespan is an exact multiple of your comp's framerate.

You can then combine nesting + time remap to adjust the speed of the waves.

A more robust formula will be -
timeSpan for LoopPoint = 1/WaveSpeed * frameRate

Another formulaic solution is to set Phase Angle to 256 degrees - more info here -
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/seamlessly-loop-wave-warp-effect/td-p/9519735?page=1

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you very much, so I put a keyframe at 0 at the beginning and at the end, it works perfectly! It was super simple but with my little head I didn't think about it again, thank you !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! Having trouble with looping the wave warp. where did you add the keyframes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found another solution - set the wave speed to 1/(length of comp) so if your comp is 6 seconds, set the wave speed to 1/6.

Found this solution here: https://creativecow.net/forums/thread/ae-wave-warp-seamless-loop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thank you for your answer but I dont understand your explanation, the only way to get a loop is to set the wave speed to 3 but it's too fast. And what do you mean when you say " set the wave speed to 1/(length of comp) so if your comp is 6 seconds, set the wave speed to 1/6. " ^^'

Thank you anyway bro 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines