• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move an object and content aware fill behind it?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screenshot. 

I want to move this soccer player to the arrowed position, and content aware fill behind him. 

I want to do this in a still image not a video. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

It's fairly straightforward.  If you need to, export a still frame of the image from AE, or otherwise use the original source.  

Open in Photoshop and make two duplicate layers of the whole image. It's not essential, but personally I always retain the background layer as the original contnent, so there's always a backup if you need it.

On the upper layer, erase everything except the player.  Use whatever tools you prefer - masks, eraser, the selector tools, whatever you like.  

On the lowe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's just a still, I'd do it in Photoshop or After Effects with the clone stamp tool.  There's plenty of clean grass to use to paint over the player's real position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I should've been clearer. I want to animate his movement path so it has him moving across the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like what you see at 2.48 of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwpHzwFLOVc&feature=emb_logo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need any content aware other than creating a big static image layer you put under the "holes" you are going to create by cutting out the player and moving it around. For still images this is best doen in photoshop. No need to make it more complicated than that, give or take a few specific issues with the lines and shadows. Trying to do this in AE would have the disadvantage of causing additional jitter/ flicker, anyway. You simply have a wrong idea about the workflow.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies all. Can you give me a name for the process or direct me toward a tutorial?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fairly straightforward.  If you need to, export a still frame of the image from AE, or otherwise use the original source.  

Open in Photoshop and make two duplicate layers of the whole image. It's not essential, but personally I always retain the background layer as the original contnent, so there's always a backup if you need it.

On the upper layer, erase everything except the player.  Use whatever tools you prefer - masks, eraser, the selector tools, whatever you like.  

On the lower image, use the Clone Stamp tool to clone areas of plain grass over the player, effectively painting him out.  With some careful cloning you should be able to rebuild the white field marking below him.

Save the document and import to After Effects as a Composition.  You'll now have a clean background layer and an isolated player that you can animate over the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines