• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Overlay data from .csv onto related video

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a .csv file with metrics that I am trying to overlay onto a related video, which is a combination of several smaller clips of the same action, combined into one longer video. The data and video are linked by a time stamp column, which lines up with the start of each of the sub clips within the video. 

The tricky part is that each set of metrics has to be displayed over the entire time of the smaller sub clip. For example, the first row of data has to be displayed from 0s to 8s, and then after 8s the next set of metrics would display over a differnt clip. The length of each of the smaller clips within the larger video also varies.

I am new to After Effects, and have hit alot of deadends. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! 

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The expressions don't care. They are not "aware" of the actual video content. As long as the composition timecode isn't messed up, it could be as simple as hard-linking the relevant columns to some text layers' source text spanning the entire duration. Otherwise there's a million waysd to skin this from adding the texts in sparate pre-comps and assembling those or copy&pasting the text fiels together. In any case, it seems you're not even familiar with such basic concepts (no offense), so I would strongly advise to actually read the online help. For anything else more specific info would be required like possibly a sample of the data, screenshots of what you have so far and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines