Highlighted

How to pin 3D Layer on CC Sphere (3D layer moves slightly on the CC Sphere) LINK TO VIDEO ATTACHED

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am working on a project to create a rotating globe with pins (map markers) that appear on them to represent cities. I created a null layer which has its X, Y, and Z Rotations all pick whipped to the X, Y, and Z rotations on the CC Sphere. I have also created the pins in illustrator and I have made them into 3D objects on After Effects and these pins are linked to the null layer. When I play the animation, as the globe rotates, the pins move out of place; this can be seen best on the pins located in Italy and Japan (the pins start on land but move into the ocean.

Why does this happen, and how do I fix it?

Here is a link to the video:

https://youtu.be/_npJYiTVhl8

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to pin 3D Layer on CC Sphere (3D layer moves slightly on the CC Sphere) LINK TO VIDEO ATTACHED

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am working on a project to create a rotating globe with pins (map markers) that appear on them to represent cities. I created a null layer which has its X, Y, and Z Rotations all pick whipped to the X, Y, and Z rotations on the CC Sphere. I have also created the pins in illustrator and I have made them into 3D objects on After Effects and these pins are linked to the null layer. When I play the animation, as the globe rotates, the pins move out of place; this can be seen best on the pins located in Italy and Japan (the pins start on land but move into the ocean.

Why does this happen, and how do I fix it?

Here is a link to the video:

https://youtu.be/_npJYiTVhl8

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no causal relation here. CC Sphere uses its own internal logic and you would have to re-create the positioning using custom expressions involving sinus and cosinus functions. Simple pickwhipping won't do.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0