• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to place text / pictures as if they are part of a movie.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!... first of all I am new at using PP and haven't done much effects other than animating some text flying by the screen similar to lower thirds.

Now, I got some footage of me riding on a bike and there is the road or sidewalk in front of me.

I would like to add text and pictures as if they are part of the movie and they move toward me as I move forward on the road. 

Are there any video references on how to do this?  As far as anybody knows?

I would like for example:

- Place text or pictures on top of the road I can roll over them as if they are part of the road.

- Place text or pictures on the side of the road and I can go by them as if they are part of the road.

- Create a "finish line arch" and I can go under it as if it was part of the road. 

I suppose I could create the text right in after effects. 

As far as pictures I can draw them in Illustrator and bring them to After Effects?  Would After Effects take Illustrator drawings?

Do you guys have any suggestions and / or video references on how to do this? 

Regards..

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Look for some Camera trackers videos in youtube. There are some good examples on how to add graphics and text to match the movement of your camera.

And of course, you can create your own illustrations in adobe illustrator and use them inside After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for some Camera trackers videos in youtube. There are some good examples on how to add graphics and text to match the movement of your camera.

And of course, you can create your own illustrations in adobe illustrator and use them inside After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of your examples involve Motion Tracking.

Mapping a flat graphic to a surface within your footage requires motion tracking.  Search on terms "Motion tracking" and "planar tracker".  Depending on the footage, you may be able to do a 3D camera track.  If any objects pass in front of the graphic you will need to Mask or Rotoscope that object.

Placing text, pictures or 3D objects into camera footage will simarly require 3D camera tracking, masking or rotoscoping, lighting and shadow creation.

These are quite advanced techniques, so I strongly recommend you begin with the basics of After Effects and work your way up to them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/get-started.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines