• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove text from a video clip with changing background?

Participant ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Background: I have a general grasp of how AE works and have dabbled in a few small projects here and there. I'm proficient with Premiere Pro and Photoshop.

The problem: I have a video clip nvolves AE and I’m not sure how to tackle it. Was hoping maybe someone here has a tip for me.

I need to remove some text that appears for about 5 seconds over a changing background.

You can watch the clip here:

https://streamable.com/12adgu

Need to remove:

Antibody
Drug
Conjugates
(ADCs)

I did watch some tutorials on how to use Content-Aware fill to remove objects, but in this case it’s not producing good results. At least not for me. Wouldn’t surprise me if I wasn’t doing it right : )

My issues are that (a) it seems I don’t have a good reference frame for the background for content-aware fill to work properly; (b) towards the end of the clip in the link, the background completely transitions through cross-dissolve to a different background, while the text stays.

Any help here would be much appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the clone tool, but you're best off re-creating the comp for a background that complex. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Justin, thanks for the quick reply

Can you just clarify what you mean by "re-creating the comp"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just mean create a new background video for the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I wouldn't waste the time. You could load up that clip, start layering some shape layers with some gradient fills or even load a frame in Photoshop or Illustrator and hide the text layer. If you want some movement a couple more shape layers with some blur and maybe some animated lighting effectgs would recreate that kind of a background fairly easily and you would be done in a half hour or less. Fixing the entire shot including the transitions would probably take me a couple of days and I've been using AE for more than 25 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip is terrible quality in terms of compression and whatever you could do with cloning or filling would be just a jittery mess. As the others already pointed out, simply re-create it from scratch. No point hanging on to unsuitable source material for at best mediocre results. Even if you don't have access to the original sources it should be pretty easy to find some stock photos or even video of a bunch of blood sample containers and a medical centrifuge and colorize it suitable in that bluish tone.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all! 

I'll follow your suggestions : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines