Highlighted

How to Render a Composition Retaining its preview playback settings in After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to Render a compostion retaining its playback as it did while in preview mode?

I am workin on a music video. a mix of footage, png sequences, Tiff sequences, Gifs, FX etc. 

I have been working with preview set to 30 fps (most everything is 30 fps in the project) , SKIP 5, full resolution. I like how the project previews. once I render it, the visual elements are sped up  to what I assume is no longer "skip 5". Is there A way to render the composition at the "preview" settings? is there anything else I might be missing? thanks ahead of time. 

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Render a Composition Retaining its preview playback settings in After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to Render a compostion retaining its playback as it did while in preview mode?

I am workin on a music video. a mix of footage, png sequences, Tiff sequences, Gifs, FX etc. 

I have been working with preview set to 30 fps (most everything is 30 fps in the project) , SKIP 5, full resolution. I like how the project previews. once I render it, the visual elements are sped up  to what I assume is no longer "skip 5". Is there A way to render the composition at the "preview" settings? is there anything else I might be missing? thanks ahead of time. 

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really confused by your question. The frame rate set for a comp has nothing to do with the speed of the playback. If your comp is 10 seconds long and it's 10 frames per second, and you change the frame rate to 30 fps, the comp will still be 10 seconds long. 

If you skip frames in the preview panel, 10 seconds is still 10 seconds, but if you set a new frame rate in the Preview Panel then the duration and the speed of the playback will change. The preview frame rate should be set to Auto unless you have a specific need to see it played back faster or slower to analyze some animation.

Skipping frames gives you a longer preview, it does not change the playback speed or the duration.

Comps render at their original frame rate unless you force the Render Settings or the Media Encoder to use a different frame rate. This also will not change the playback speed. It will just blend frames or repeat them. Changing the frame rate of the export using any render settings will not change the timing of anything, it will just put more or fewer frames in the rendered footage. There is no option in render settings that will speed up a shot. 

It also sounds to me like you are trying to edit something longer than a short sequence or single shot in a single comp. AE is not suited for editing at all. You use AE to create shots or short sequences that cannot be edited in an NLE like Premiere Pro. More than 90% of my comps are a single shot under 7 seconds in length and a lot of layers are required to complete the effect. Occasionally I will render a sequence that is no longer than a sentence or phrase of narration or dialogue or a single phrase of music, but only if AE is required for the transition between shots. I edit in Premiere, pick the shots that need effects, create comps from those shots that are usually the same length as the edited shot but occasionally a few frames longer just in case I need to adjust the timing in Premiere, then they are rendered using a Mezzanine codec (lossless and frame-based) that is used in the Premiere sequence usually right above the original cut to complete the edit.

I hope this helps. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines