Highlighted

How to render out variable text in a video?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i need to render out a video 500 times where the text changes in each render. 

So i am creating one video but i need to render it out 500 times, but each render the name in the text changes.

Is it possible to get after effects to work with a SGV or Excel file with the names listed to render out the video with each name variation in the text?

Thanks

TOPICS
Expressions, FAQ, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to render out variable text in a video?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i need to render out a video 500 times where the text changes in each render. 

So i am creating one video but i need to render it out 500 times, but each render the name in the text changes.

Is it possible to get after effects to work with a SGV or Excel file with the names listed to render out the video with each name variation in the text?

Thanks

TOPICS
Expressions, FAQ, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 1
Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Templater Pro or Templater Bot from Dataclay.  The tool was designed specifically for what you are trying to accomplish.  

https://dataclay.com/templater 

Check out this video for understanding the data mapping and previewing process before you do a batch run of 500 videos.

https://youtu.be/DEIg7mOR3iA

Alternativey, you can create a script

to read an external file, parse it, inject the data from the file into the text layer, and resize the type to fit.

Hope this helps!

—Arie

In Templater 2.9, we upgraded and refreshed the main panel interface. We introduced Transport controls to improve the method for previewing. This new UI make...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, is there already a scripot any where that can do this?

I will check out the website link you have sent. 

Thanks very much for your help.

-Chris 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Templater, as Arie suggested, is definitely the most powerful and most automated solution. Another option would be CompsFromSpreadsheet

https://aescripts.com/compsfromspreadsheet/

In contrast to Templater it does not automate the rendering process, but it can create 500 duplicates of your composition and replace the text in each of those automatically. Then you can render those 500 comps as usual.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1