• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reset AfterEffects

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some years ago I had some really strange issues with Adobe AfterEffects/Premiere. In most of the cases Adobe support was able to help me by removing/renaming certain folders within the system. Back then I was able to do it on my own as I remembered what they did. Not anymore though.

So I would be glad if someone could tell me what folders do I need to delete/rename to reset my AE once again. I would like to do the same for Premiere, so if you know how it's done with that too, that would help a lot!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

if you need everything to start from scratch it's better to uninstall your app, than use adobe CC cleaner script than re-installed again

Adobe CC Cleaner link Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! Although these did not involve deleting folder(s) from AppData? I remember them deleting certain folders within AppData. It kinda made the whole AfterEffects go back to it's start. Plugins, scripts etc needed to be re-activated etc.

Have to see if resetting preferences help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check this related premiere pro (reset) FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you need everything to start from scratch it's better to uninstall your app, than use adobe CC cleaner script than re-installed again

Adobe CC Cleaner link Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like I would have to remove all the CC apps for to use that cleaner? Am I right? Or can I just remove the apps I want to "reset" and the cleaner wont cause issues with other apps that I dont need to reset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be best to remove all Adobe apps and clean out everything. If you are sure that you need to start from ground zero - then start from zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines