• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to round a corner in After Effects without rounding the others?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to create a rectengle with a rounded corner however I'm only needing one corner to be rounded and the others to remain straight.

I would like to use this rounded edge rectengle for an animated lower third using expression code in the size tab thats found in the shape layer under Contents > Rectangle Path > Size.. here is the problem in order for the Size option to appear the shape has to be parametric shape which it starts off as.. however altering the shape in any way seems to convert it to a Bezier Path and I lose the option to add the expression code to the Size tab .. is there a way around this? 

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a rounded corner script on AEScripts.com that works with regular paths. Check it out.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should help - https://elementsupply.co/products/utilities/roundy_box

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines