Highlighted

How to scale bounding box with masks inside

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a white solid with simple masks. When i apply the Radial Blur effect the masks stretch all the way until it hits this ugly bounding box... Is there a way to make the boundiung box bigger without upscaling the masks I've made (and animated).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to scale bounding box with masks inside

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a white solid with simple masks. When i apply the Radial Blur effect the masks stretch all the way until it hits this ugly bounding box... Is there a way to make the boundiung box bigger without upscaling the masks I've made (and animated).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what pre-composing and applyijngt the blur in the parent comp is for. Otherwise you can of course try to "fix" it by dilating the Alpha using effects like Simple Choker, Minimax, Grow Bounds and so on, but of course there are limits how much they can manipulate these things. It would be better to not get into bad habits and learn how to structure your work with pre-composing to achieve what you want, including a Kylo Ren lightsaber...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see someone who knows what I'm making XD. I'll probably just stick with Precomping it... 

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0