• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to set a waiting time in after effect.

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hai, friends, I need help

I have doubt, how to set waiting time in aftereffect.

this is my project I am working on it, The red circle line slowly moves at reaching the small heart icon (when the line reaches the little heart I want to set wait time alteast 3s after that circle move) Every timeline hit the little heart I want to be set a waiting time in 3s. can anyone tell me how to set a waiting time.

chf.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are just talking about setting keyframes. If you want an animation to hold you can just copy move the CTI past the last keyframe to the point where you want the motion to start again, set a new keyframe there, then move down the timeline and move the layer into its new position.

Please spend some time with the basics. You'll find a lot of beginner tutorials in the Overview section of this Forum. There are both beginner and expert tutorials. If you do not spend several hours learning the basics you are going to waste a bunch of your time. AE is about a thousand times more complicated than Premiere Pro or Photoshop. I don't know anyone that learned AE well or developed good workflows by just poking around in the UI and asking questions on forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the probleme is when you want to do that dynamically, keyframe is a static option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What you are trying  to do is simple basic AE keyframe timing stuff. So the best way for you to learn that is to start with basic AE course and tutorials. You can f/eg. start here: After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects  or here After Effects Help | After Effects User Guide

I don't exactly know how do you do your circular line animation. If it is a shape layer (that is what I have in my example bellow) with trimm parameter, or maby that is simple jpg with Radial Wipe or something else. So I can't tell you where and what to do exactly. But does not matter the method After Effects is basically a keyframe tool. That mean that you make keyframe A with f. eg. position A parameter of your object then go to let say  2 seconds and change position of your object - when you play it back - After Effects will "figure out" how your object should move between your keyframe A and keyframe B. When you need your objects to stay in one place - you have to tell AE to be in the same position between keyframe 2 and 3 from our example.
As I know that my explonations sometimes are more confusing than informative bellow you have simpe example of what you are trying to do (slow movement from 1 heart to second heart, 3s stop and then movement from 2 to third heart.
As I said - I'm using Shape layers and trim path but all the rest of tools that you can use and actually all AE works based on that concept.

circle.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi imeilfx

Thank for your response imeilfx. yaa I am new to AE, just now am started learning AE, this is the simple project am working on it, I want the red line to wait in all the heart symbols for at least 3sec while traveling along the circle.

And also I add my working file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lo2s3X75kIfLedxAKbyBoq4Xyfl8nA6J/view?usp=sharing

, please help bro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your project and line that you have is made exactly as I described in my earlier post - it is a shape layer with trim pathparameter. So just follow what I described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines