• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to solve problem of particle trails getting cut off by comp edges

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for all these questions lately!  I heard that CC composite can be used to create more black space behind an effect, but I'm having a lot of trouble applying it to my situation.  I have a particle trail with 3 layers, and need the trails to be very small in relation to the rest of my screen.  So I scaled down all my particle layers, which of course means that when I animate them to zip across the screen, they get cut off by the edges of the comp.  Unfortunately, pre-comping doesn't work because then I lose the emitter controls.  Can anyone tell me if CC composite is useful in a case like this, and if not then are there alternative solutions?

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Try the "Grow bounds" effect. Place it before the particle effect and adjust the parameters. If that doesn't work, you will probably need to scale down the particle effect through the parameters of the effect itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the "Grow bounds" effect. Place it before the particle effect and adjust the parameters. If that doesn't work, you will probably need to scale down the particle effect through the parameters of the effect itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Roei! it worked for 2 of 3 layers, not sure what was up with the third but I'm scaling it down in emitter settlings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines