• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to stretch objects

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi can someone explain how to stretch objects in perfect ovals and how to stretch objects like in Eminem's music video we made you, 'Kim Kardashian' effect at 0:45 -:048 and 3:31 seconds   many thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all about the layers and distortion effects. The final shot(s):

Screenshot_2020-04-07 10.27.16_2XOyxt.png

The biggest temptation you will have is rotoscoping too much of the actor. All you need on a separate layer is the part you are going to distort.

Screenshot_2020-04-07 10.34.01_wnDP58.png

A similar AE project using Liquify. Everything I did to the layers is showing:

Screenshot_2020-04-07 11.06.22_3u0H9Q.pngScreenshot_2020-04-07 11.08.41_A5WhcB.png

There are a bunch of distortion tools in AE and a bunch of 3rd party tools to choose from. The most efficient workflow depends on the footage. Liquify is very controllable but it is a little slow to render and takes some getting used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks and how do i shrink it back down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that example I animated the distortion percentage from zero to 100 then back to zero. Simple as that. If I had animated the mesh I could have moved down the timeline where I wanted the image to return to normal and just hit reset to remove the distortion.

That was a really basic question. Are you new to After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes im new and thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are new you should at least go through the first few tutorials in the User Guide. You will find links on this forum, the AE product page and the After Effects Home screen. You should also use the Search Help field in the top right corner of AE. It links to solutions that are usually a lot better than ones you find just searching the net.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines