Highlighted

How to turn animated mask on/off

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using AE CC and trying to figure out how to control the display of my animated mask? For example, I have a video file where I create a mask on its layer using the pen tool. The mask basically cuts out a hole in the video to reveal the layer beneath. I try to use the opacity to turn the mask off after the animation completes. However, instead of the opacity when set to 0 pct hiding the mask only it hides the video too. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated??

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to turn animated mask on/off

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using AE CC and trying to figure out how to control the display of my animated mask? For example, I have a video file where I create a mask on its layer using the pen tool. The mask basically cuts out a hole in the video to reveal the layer beneath. I try to use the opacity to turn the mask off after the animation completes. However, instead of the opacity when set to 0 pct hiding the mask only it hides the video too. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated??

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your current mask is set to Subtrack, 

then duplicate this mask (cltr+D)

set it to Difference and then use the opacity of this mask to hide the hole.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I will give it a try. Ty.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0