• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to tweak global perspective when working with particles?

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a semi-circular waterfall using particles. I have to duplicate multiple particle layers and arrange them in order to create an appearence of semi-circle (if you know better way please tell). There is a 360 still frame image used as a backdrop. My problem is that I don't know if it's possible to tell the AE where the horizon is and where the focal point is. The only way to achieve the illusion is by faking projection like in the screenshot. 

1after.PNG

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What particle system are you using?  Are those little yellow squares your particle layers?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly a quick answer to how to control global perspective that may put you in the right direction is to create a camera.  With it you can have more control over perspective, focal point and you'll likely need to work from multiple perspectives using the default orthographic cameras (having two or more preview windows each with a different orthographic camera so you can easily align things in 3d space)

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I concur with @Gutterfish - start by creating an actual camera layer and reference it inside the particle effects.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines