Highlighted

How to up workflow/editing speed

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 & 8GB memory w/ 80 GB left of storage (system takes up a a lot). Whenever I use After Effects, it takes a hell of a long time to playback things, sometimes crashes, freezes, etc. It heavily messes up with workflow/motivation. I'll have my resolution on, at most, a third and tend to use mostly photos, some clips, and shape layers. I'm not extremely heavy on effects other than things like glow, s_blurmocurves, etc.. Is there anyway for me to fix this? & which SSD would help if possible? 

TOPICS
Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to up workflow/editing speed

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 & 8GB memory w/ 80 GB left of storage (system takes up a a lot). Whenever I use After Effects, it takes a hell of a long time to playback things, sometimes crashes, freezes, etc. It heavily messes up with workflow/motivation. I'll have my resolution on, at most, a third and tend to use mostly photos, some clips, and shape layers. I'm not extremely heavy on effects other than things like glow, s_blurmocurves, etc.. Is there anyway for me to fix this? & which SSD would help if possible? 

TOPICS
Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?