Highlighted

How would I create this type of glitch effect?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still new to after effects so I don't know a lot of the important effects in the program. I'm trying to figure out how to create the effect seen in this youtube video CMTEN- NEVER MET! (ft. Glitch Gum) 1:12 at the time stamp 1:12. The best way I could describe the effect is it looks like the frames aren't refreshing. Another example could be Peter tries a Rice Cake (Loud Sound Warning). Thanks in advance!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

That's commonly referred to as video feedback or by its more scientific term frame accumulation. The rest is just simple time-remapping. Look into effects like Echo and Timewarp or third-party plug-ins like the ones in Sapphire or Bors FX.

Mylenium

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How would I create this type of glitch effect?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still new to after effects so I don't know a lot of the important effects in the program. I'm trying to figure out how to create the effect seen in this youtube video CMTEN- NEVER MET! (ft. Glitch Gum) 1:12 at the time stamp 1:12. The best way I could describe the effect is it looks like the frames aren't refreshing. Another example could be Peter tries a Rice Cake (Loud Sound Warning). Thanks in advance!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

That's commonly referred to as video feedback or by its more scientific term frame accumulation. The rest is just simple time-remapping. Look into effects like Echo and Timewarp or third-party plug-ins like the ones in Sapphire or Bors FX.

Mylenium

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines