Highlighted

HTML5 and Plugins SDK

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Plugins SDK guide there's a comment for the Panelator example:
"Creates a panel that can be docked along with the rest of the standard panels. Note: It is far more work to create a panel this way than using the HTML5 Panel SDK. We recommend starting with that SDK instead."

But briefly looking at this HTML5 SDK I've found nothing about how to couple it with plugins SDK. Are there any examples or documentation for it? Is it at least possible somehow?

Thanks,

Roman

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HTML5 and Plugins SDK

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Plugins SDK guide there's a comment for the Panelator example:
"Creates a panel that can be docked along with the rest of the standard panels. Note: It is far more work to create a panel this way than using the HTML5 Panel SDK. We recommend starting with that SDK instead."

But briefly looking at this HTML5 SDK I've found nothing about how to couple it with plugins SDK. Are there any examples or documentation for it? Is it at least possible somehow?

Thanks,

Roman

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe has recently deprecated the HTML5 panels, and replaced them with... uh... i don't remember the name of the new technology. i'll try to dig it up.

the HTML5 panels will probaly continue to be supported in the released versions on the next few years, but there's no guarantee. it will probably be phased out sooner or later.

should you choose to create an HTML5 panel, you can create some 2 way communitaction between the panel and the C++ interface wither using extendscript to leave messages to counterparts that will later check for them, as the javascript global scope is shared. you can also create extendscript extension plug-ins that trigger a C++ plug-in when their defined javascript functions are called, which can be used for immediate triggering of C++ counterparts.

IMHO, use the HTML5 panel if you need the flexibilty of HTML5 design, and ease of creation/maintanence. if what you need is robust interfacting with the C++ API and UI matters less, go with the panelator sample.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0