Highlighted

Huge gamma shift. CC 2020 Issue with color space when importing jpg.

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So after struggling to find why I found a big gammashift in my export. I found that actually Adobe After Effects and media Encoder don't interpret jpg file as it should. Indeed,there is a huge gammashift and if you export video from a jpg sequence, you are screwed. You can see the difference just by importing a jpg with srgb profile in After effects 2020 and comparing with 2019.

Here is an exemple  with a working space in 32 bit srgb linearized cc2019.jpgcc2020.jpg

I could fix the pb by interpreting the jpg colorspace input as rec709.. Si I guess that Adobe 2020 wrongly reads srgb as rec709.
Does anyone can confimr the pb. Or is there a fix for that ?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Huge gamma shift. CC 2020 Issue with color space when importing jpg.

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So after struggling to find why I found a big gammashift in my export. I found that actually Adobe After Effects and media Encoder don't interpret jpg file as it should. Indeed,there is a huge gammashift and if you export video from a jpg sequence, you are screwed. You can see the difference just by importing a jpg with srgb profile in After effects 2020 and comparing with 2019.

Here is an exemple  with a working space in 32 bit srgb linearized cc2019.jpgcc2020.jpg

I could fix the pb by interpreting the jpg colorspace input as rec709.. Si I guess that Adobe 2020 wrongly reads srgb as rec709.
Does anyone can confimr the pb. Or is there a fix for that ?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2019 0
Kizzume LATEST
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the jpg to a bmp or psd file before importing it into Premiere and it should look fine (or hopefully anyway).  Granted, it sounds like you're dealing with a sequence, and bmp isn't exactly the best format for that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0