Highlighted

I am trying to created an animated arrow

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to aftereffects (I have completed all the tutorials though). I am trying to create a library of Lottie animations. I was wondering what the best method is, how big should composition be? should it be transparent ect?

Basically, to start with I am trying to recreate an arrow-like (https://www.lottieflow.com/category/arrow)

Creating the animated effect should be fine, its just the settings and starting point i am unsure of.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I am trying to created an animated arrow

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to aftereffects (I have completed all the tutorials though). I am trying to create a library of Lottie animations. I was wondering what the best method is, how big should composition be? should it be transparent ect?

Basically, to start with I am trying to recreate an arrow-like (https://www.lottieflow.com/category/arrow)

Creating the animated effect should be fine, its just the settings and starting point i am unsure of.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's entirely up to your web site integration and the specific requirements. Of course anyone would at least use an HD sizde composition just in case elements get rasterized as pixel data and need to have a certain minimum size and quality, but everything else is determined by how you actually want to use the files. At the end of the day SVG/ HTML canvas is always scalable. Still, wouldn't make much sense to design a small loader icon at HD size then for the simple fact that in particular mobile users would hate you for haviung to load big files with lots of data that goes unused... Really depends. So rather than trying to find a "one fits all" method, you might want to start by figuring out what elements you are going to need at what sizes and then simply set the comp sizes accordingly with some minimum safety padding/ size added just in case...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. That makes sense. I want to create an online
collection of lottie files that users can download for there website. I
guess i could just use standard icon sizes and maybe add a bit of
assitional space on the y and x axis.

Thank you again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0