I am trying to sync CC Snowflake particles with the beat of my song

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to sync CC Snowflake particles with the beat of my song. I want to achieve something like the attached video. Also how does he do the glow around the cartoon? Please help.

TOPICS
Audio, Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I am trying to sync CC Snowflake particles with the beat of my song

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to sync CC Snowflake particles with the beat of my song. I want to achieve something like the attached video. Also how does he do the glow around the cartoon? Please help.

TOPICS
Audio, Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple time-remapping will do for the particles - like pretty much any of these speed-up based videos. The glow looks like a combination of multipole layers of Fractal Noise and Roughen Edges with animated offsets and additional applications of standard Glow and blur effects.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro I will pay you to walk me through this. I am a beginner 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Snowfall is lacking the controls necessary to animate the speed of the particles directly and if you tie time remapping to audio amplitude as Dan Ebberts demonstrates in this article, your particles with turn into streaks.  Dan also had other examples on his site http://motionscript.com that give you other options for controlling properties with audio that has been converted to keyframes.

To actually control the speed of the particles you'll need a particle generator that works a little differently. Trapcode. Particular works well for this kind of time remapping speed control. Here is an animated screenshot. CC Snowfall, CC Starburst, and Particular, all applied to the same layer and turned on one at a time. If you want to add some color or glow to your particles you'll have to throw in some additional effects. The first option - CC Snowfall doesn't respond well at all to time remapping.

particleSpeed.gif

Step 1:

Create a new standard HD comp that is several times longer than your final comp, name it Particles, add a solid, give it a name, add CC Star Burst and adjust the settings to something like this:

Step 2:

Create another standard HD comp using the same composition preset that is long enough to hold your music track, name the comp Main Comp, add your audio track and your Particles comp to the main comp, select the audio track layer and go to the Animation/Keyframe Assistant/Convert Audio to keyframes option to create an Audio Amplitude layer.

Step 3:

Select the nested Particles comp and press Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + t to add Time Remapping to the layer. You can also use the Layer/Time/Enable Time Remapping menu. Alt/Option Click on the Time Remapping stopwatch and add Dan's expression from the link above and then run a test render at about 25% Magnification Ration with the comp panel resolution set to Auto. Here is the expression from Dan's site:

spd = thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider");
mult = .5;
n = spd.numKeys;
if (n > 0 && spd.key(1).time < time){
  accum = spd.key(1).value*(spd.key(1).time - inPoint);
  for (i = 2; i <= n; i++){
    if (spd.key(i).time > time) break;
    k1 = spd.key(i-1);
    k2 = spd.key(i);
    accum += (k1.value + k2.value)*(k2.time - k1.time)/2;
  }
  accum += (spd.value + spd.key(i-1).value)*(time - spd.key(i-1).time)/2;
}else{
  accum = spd.value*(time - inPoint);
}
value + accum*mult

If needed, make adjustments to the "mult =" parameter in the expression to increase or decrease the speed changes. If you run out of particles before the end of the comp you will need to make the Particles comp longer and move the out point of the layer to the out point of the longer comp.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0