Highlighted

I can't open a redered AfterEffects-File with QuickTime

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just starting AfterEffects and have successfully completed the first tutorial file. It is really a very good and extraordinarily complex program.

I also rendered the finished work and wanted to open it with QuickTime - but there is always the hint: "This file contains media that is not compatible with QuickTime Player".
This is somewhat surprising, since all components of the exercise file are provided by Adobe.

Does anyone has an explanation?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't open a redered AfterEffects-File with QuickTime

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just starting AfterEffects and have successfully completed the first tutorial file. It is really a very good and extraordinarily complex program.

I also rendered the finished work and wanted to open it with QuickTime - but there is always the hint: "This file contains media that is not compatible with QuickTime Player".
This is somewhat surprising, since all components of the exercise file are provided by Adobe.

Does anyone has an explanation?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info on your render settings, system info and so on nobody can really tell you much. rendering being its own complex black art it's way too easy to mess up things by just using a wrong setting somewhere.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.
I have used the settings that Adobe provides in the tutorial. A screenshot is attached.

Kontakt:
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Hans-Jürgen Metz und Monika Schwarz
Erikaweg 1
37213 Witzenhausen
05542 6199162
quintafutura@hotmail.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the settings that Adobe provides in the tutorial.

Here is the a srceenshot

Hans-Jürgen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verlustfrei = Animation bzw. unkomprimiert und dieser Legacy CoDec erfordert Quicktime Classic, nicht das neuere Quicktime (X). Das muss man separat installieren.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer. I will install QuickTime Classic.
Is there a possibility to save the file in a format that it can be played by all QuickTime versions?

All the best

Hans-Jürgen

Kontakt:
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Hans-Jürgen Metz und Monika Schwarz
Erikaweg 1
37213 Witzenhausen
05542 6199162
quintafutura@hotmail.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the settings that Adobe provides in the tutorial.

Here is the link to a srceenshot: https://www.ayurveda-badems.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Screenshot-2020-04-07-20.37.27.png 

Hans-Jürgen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0