• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open After Effects projects

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having a lot of trouble opening AE projects as of late. If I start a brand new project, AE works perfectly fine. But as soon as I save a project & try to open it later -- I can't. 

I have reinstalled the program and I've kept it updated -- nothing has helped. I can't get any work done!

Here are some system specs of the brand new laptop:

- HP Pavilion x360

- Processor: Intel Core i7 10th Generation

- RAM: 16 GB

- I also have a Radeon graphics card (can't remember specifics)

This is the screen I see shortly before the program crashes.Annotation 2020-08-23 095443.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, some of my old projects didn't open and cause AE crash, the only solution is to downgrade to 17.0.4 

the cool thing the same project open on other PC with the latest AE release 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I'll give that a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I just tried this & it did the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I tried starting a new project on AE and the same thing happened...even before I saved the project. The entire program crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that & it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob01,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects. 

Please try this:

1. Go to Help > Enable Logging
  2. Open the projects that are crashing.
  3. Check if the After Effect is generating any logs. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput...

We can share the logs with the product engineers and try to find out the reason.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the log file, Jacob. Could you share one of the After Effects project files with us to check?

Appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the project. I was able to open it without any issue. I am going to share this file with the engineering team so that they can investigate.

I'll get back to you as soon as I get an update.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks! I'm still having the same issue. I was actually able to open my projects and work on them for a short time yesterday...but then AE started crashing again. I know it's definitely not my computer because it meets every single one of your system requirements. This is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines