• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i can't open any video in mp4

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i want to copy any mp4 file into the program a window just open and say: 'could not convert the unicode character' what do i do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to learn the basics of After Effects. You can not copy/paste a file for import in AE. You have at least 5 ways to include in your project panel. The easiest way is to go to File > Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes! i'm a nobby in thus haha. by the way, i also did that, but keeps tellying me there's a error with it 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of your file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source of the MP4 you're trying to import?

What version of AE are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried downloading something from youtube, maybe i have to import some file from mine and see if that works. I'm using CS6 or 11.0, some idea about what can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Old versions of After Effects (such as what you're using) had a pretty bad time with interframe compression. MP4's use interframe compression. Your best solution is to transcode that footage using Adobe Media Encoder into a production format (like DNxHD, Cineform, or even QuickTime with the Photo-JPEG codec).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines