Highlighted

I can't render without a background

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time I use After Effects, following a tutorial I made a text with the stroke animation effect. When I export it I tried rendering as "QuickTime animation" and as "QuickTime PNG", both with RGB + Alpha. I also tried AVI and RGB + Alpha.

When I paste my video in Vegas Pro 13, they still have a black background. None of the 3 ways I did it, I managed to make it work.

Attachment captures to corroborate that my two elements, the text and the stroke, are correctly and without background. The brush stroke is from a PNG image

Problema after effects.png

I share the file on Drive. Maybe someone can help me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hvoamDARmlIPI3z_yTGdRW1yrLcb8Y1O

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't render without a background

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time I use After Effects, following a tutorial I made a text with the stroke animation effect. When I export it I tried rendering as "QuickTime animation" and as "QuickTime PNG", both with RGB + Alpha. I also tried AVI and RGB + Alpha.

When I paste my video in Vegas Pro 13, they still have a black background. None of the 3 ways I did it, I managed to make it work.

Attachment captures to corroborate that my two elements, the text and the stroke, are correctly and without background. The brush stroke is from a PNG image

Problema after effects.png

I share the file on Drive. Maybe someone can help me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hvoamDARmlIPI3z_yTGdRW1yrLcb8Y1O

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your project keeps crashing my AE for some odd reason. Can someone on a Windows machine open it and check plz R Neil HaugenRick Gerard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 10.32.38 PM.png

As you can see this has transparency, The mistake you are making is in the render output settings

Do this: Set your Color to Straight (Unmatted) in the main render output settings

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 10.35.53 PM.png

Here I show it looks in Premiere so u can see it has transparency. Sorry your png file was not included on Google drive so u r seeing the color bars instead.

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 10.39.44 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue. 

The black background  is still there after rendering.

I have followed all the steps suggested above but still not working. 

After i render in AE, I import to media  encoder and then import it on premier Pro. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mo Moolla said your project have transparency os also as he said - you are rendering it wrong. And what he marked is what ypu are looking for. So do that and everything should be great. But remember that most of the video payers can't show transparency and will show you black background even if your video is transparent. Even for AE to show your transparency without anything beneath your layer you have to remember to turn on "Show transparency" button in your Toggle transparency grid

2018-11-27_07-16-11.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines