• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot import ANY video format to After Effects and Media Encoder

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if it is because I just recently resetted my PC but everytime I try to import any kind of video format it tells me it could not read from source and that the file might be corrupted (I tried it with many other file and none of them worked so it can't be that).

I have though maybe I need to install some kind of software to read those files?

I would greatly appreaciate an answer 😄

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Reinstall the programs to repair and reinstate all CoDecs. And if you indeed did a reset to a default factory install or custom restore point, you may need to run a ton of driver and system updates as well that have been lost.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall the programs to repair and reinstate all CoDecs. And if you indeed did a reset to a default factory install or custom restore point, you may need to run a ton of driver and system updates as well that have been lost.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried downloading Drivers yet but I'll try it later.

There was something else I noticed.

After effects was the first software I installed and I could import video formats at first but after installing some plugins and restarting the pc it stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What codec do I need for .mp4 formats ?

Thanks by the way for the quick answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you installed alternate media players or even things like Chromecast or AppleTV, chances are that those apps usurped your CoDecs, necessitating yet another reinstall of the Adobe programs. Possibly you may even need to force-remove some CoDecs then in your device manager. For MP4 all Adobe apps have native support, though, so the usual hardware-acceleration issues or other stuff may be at play. Impossible to predict how these things interact. I would therefore suggest you seriously consider uninstalling Adobe apps until you have straightened out everything, then reinstalling them as the last step, including the removal of redundant/ outdated versions of CoDecs, MSVC runtimes and so on, all of which seem to cause a lot of trouble lately...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines