• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I exported a 6 SECONDS video but the SIZE got 20.8GB!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have CREATED a 6 SECONDS ANIMATION for my website on After Effects and when i exported it, the FILE SIZE got UP TO 20.8 GB! I was so CONFUSED when i saw that problem!

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

You haven't provided any information about your output settings, such as resolution and frame rate, so it's hard to be specific.

But probably you've simply rendered to an uncompressed format - looks like an uncompressed AVI.

Send your render to Adobe Media Encoder, and render it as an H264 file at 1920x1080 resolution.  Use a preset, this will reduce the chance of making errors.  I'll bet the file size is then okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Cool, so just send your render to Adobe Media Encoder and use an H264 preset (such as "High Quality 1080p Full HD) to render a decent quality deliverable H264 file.

Of course, if you are using the file for something other than online delivery, you may need to consider other formats.    But the uncompressed AVI you rendered previously will obviously be huge in almost all circumstances, and there are much more manageable options if you need lossless output.

Look at the AE help files for more g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't provided any information about your output settings, such as resolution and frame rate, so it's hard to be specific.

But probably you've simply rendered to an uncompressed format - looks like an uncompressed AVI.

Send your render to Adobe Media Encoder, and render it as an H264 file at 1920x1080 resolution.  Use a preset, this will reduce the chance of making errors.  I'll bet the file size is then okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the info:

Codec: H.264

Resolution: 1080 x 1920

FPS: 30

Specific length: 6.021s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, so just send your render to Adobe Media Encoder and use an H264 preset (such as "High Quality 1080p Full HD) to render a decent quality deliverable H264 file.

Of course, if you are using the file for something other than online delivery, you may need to consider other formats.    But the uncompressed AVI you rendered previously will obviously be huge in almost all circumstances, and there are much more manageable options if you need lossless output.

Look at the AE help files for more guidance.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/after-effects/user-guide.html/in/after-effects/using/basics-rendering-exp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines