• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a quick question about layers and multiple comps.

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on Twitch graphics, I was wondering if it's possible to take layers from one comp and haave them in another as well. I've animated a logo for the "starting stream" image and want to use the logo and animation for a Twitch alert. Is is possible to pull the layers of the logo and it's animation and use it as it is in another comp?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy/paste content and keyframes and so on... but I rather would duplicate the comp and delete everything not needed in the current context.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you need to repeat elements it is a common practice to put them in a separate composition and then you can nest them in as many other compositions as you like. This is standard practice in the design of templates. 

For example, you have a graphic composed of three or four animated shape layers with effects that you want to use as a frame that is a different color in three different comps. A typical workflow would be to create the animated graphic in black and white, pre-compose the layers, name the pre-comp Corner Graphic, then add color to the pre-comp. The pre-comp shows up in your Project Panel. You can then nest that pre-comp in any other comp in the project and change the color, position, or scale in those comps. The Corner Graphic Pre-comp may end up in a dozen different comps in your project. If you decide later on that your Corner Graphic needs rounded corners or thinner lines all you have to do is open the original Corner Graphic comp and make the change and it will show up in all of the other compositions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines