Highlighted

I'm having to layer effect layers on top of each other to make them appear brighter, another way?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite new to after effects, i am using a free plugin called saber to make a lyric video, I'm like the effect that i have going on, but i can't seem to find another way to up the brightness of the text other than to duplicate layers ontop of each other about 5 times to get to the desired level of brightness, i'm thinking that there must be a simpler way to do this?

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I'm having to layer effect layers on top of each other to make them appear brighter, another way?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite new to after effects, i am using a free plugin called saber to make a lyric video, I'm like the effect that i have going on, but i can't seem to find another way to up the brightness of the text other than to duplicate layers ontop of each other about 5 times to get to the desired level of brightness, i'm thinking that there must be a simpler way to do this?

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the Curves or Levels effects to boost the contrast of your effect and push the highlights up in value. Here's an old tutorial about the Curves effect in After Effects (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR41dSCjy94), but you can do some more research by learning about color correction and contrast. Tutorials for Photoshop or After Effects will teach you the proper concepts.

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]
This specific tutorial is a single movie from chapter three of the After Effects CS3 Professional Beyond the Basics course presented by lynda.com author Chad...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0