Highlighted

I'm trying to export as QuickTime WITH alpha channel

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having issues with my computer at the moment.

I have a video I'd like to export with the alpha channel. I don't care what Codec it is, I just need the alpha channel. I tried exporting as QuickTime with the Apple ProRes 4444 including alpha channel, and it doesn't render video, only sound. I tried exporting QuickTime without alpha, and it still didn't work.

MP4 renders, but I need the alpha channel.

Does anyone have any recommended codecs or thoughts on what to do? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I'm trying to export as QuickTime WITH alpha channel

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having issues with my computer at the moment.

I have a video I'd like to export with the alpha channel. I don't care what Codec it is, I just need the alpha channel. I tried exporting as QuickTime with the Apple ProRes 4444 including alpha channel, and it doesn't render video, only sound. I tried exporting QuickTime without alpha, and it still didn't work.

MP4 renders, but I need the alpha channel.

Does anyone have any recommended codecs or thoughts on what to do? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you check the setting of Video Output in After Effects?

Composition menu > Add to Render Queue > OutputModule Lossless and click it > Output Module Settings windows open > Main Options tab > Video Output Channels: RGB + Alpha

If you need only Alpha channel, you click Format Options next to Channels and turn on Render Alpha Channel only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0