I need help in a pack of effects

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community !

Right now i'm working on a project 

So i need to know how to create those effects below:

1-If you can see in the 2 pictures there some big glowing particules in the 2nd image 

But in the 1st there some shaped colors

+the little particules

2-in the 1st image the smoke behind the character is like colored in a drawing app 

But in the 2nd it's look filtered and textured 

To look real 

3-the cinematic look in the 2nd image

Please i need someone to explain this effects for me in After effects and give me some exemples

And i really apperciate your answers and Thanks

Lumii_20200719_010013180.jpg

 

1. Lumii_20200719_010019698.jpg

 

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources , Scripting , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big splotches can easily be created using the cell pattern effect - find a suitable mode for the effect, crank up the contrast, apply an effect like Shift Channels to create transparency from the source, colorize it with Tint or similar effects, apply glow. The rest is likely pretty much just Fractal Noise and glow effects in different variations with bits of masking, reduced opacities and again using Shift Channels and colorations. If you don't mind some advice: It would be a smart idea to sit down for an afternoon and really just experiment with such stuff. This would avoid many of your recurring questions that almost always boil down to the same simple techniques.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Mylenium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey !

Sorry but i didn't get the part of smoke well 

How to convert those solids colors (smoke shape) to more real smoke ?

If you don't mind show me some exemples

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add fractal noise to the smoke shaped layers, add some additional masking so you can feather the edges, experiment with blend modes for fractal noise.

I've gone over the fractal noise solution for energy and aura effects for you and others that seem to be working on this same project about a dozen times. Just fiddle with the settings. 

It looks like this is some kind of a class. If you spent some time with the User Guide and experimenting with the basics you would be saving a bunch of time. Asking questions on the forum should not be your primary source of knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines