• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So im new to aftereffects and i need help for this one.

So as you will see at the start of the clip there is me trying to make sky replacement edit.

But i have this problem with the background replacement picture. I want the background picture to move  with the video. I Think i have to make it 3D but im not sure.

any suggestions?

https://vm.tiktok.com/JLMWVeT/

skip to the part where the earth pop ups. you can see that as he moves his camera the background picture moves with the camera. thats what i want to do.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Hi, it's called Motion Tracking. There are several ways to do it - the most basic way is using the inbuilt motion tracker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVC3dKKZshE

you can also use Mocha which comes bundled with After Effects which is much more sophisticated or you can use 3D motion tracking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ToPGhr_muI

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

The efficient workflow for the sky replacement is to split the footage a few frames before you want to replace the sky, then split the footage again or set an out point where you want the sky replacement to end. Name the layer that begins a few frames before the sky replacement starts something like Sky Replacement, and Pre-compose the footage setting the comp length to the in and out points of the layer and moving all attributes. AE is not an editing app, it is a motion graphics and visual effe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's called Motion Tracking. There are several ways to do it - the most basic way is using the inbuilt motion tracker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVC3dKKZshE

you can also use Mocha which comes bundled with After Effects which is much more sophisticated or you can use 3D motion tracking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ToPGhr_muI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The efficient workflow for the sky replacement is to split the footage a few frames before you want to replace the sky, then split the footage again or set an out point where you want the sky replacement to end. Name the layer that begins a few frames before the sky replacement starts something like Sky Replacement, and Pre-compose the footage setting the comp length to the in and out points of the layer and moving all attributes. AE is not an editing app, it is a motion graphics and visual effects app that is designed to create shots and you don't want your comps any longer than they have to be.  Maybe this will help:

Screenshot_2020-07-14 16.16.23_ICWPQF.png

When you have done that open up the Camera Tracker and track the camera. If you do not know how to do that then check the User Guide and do not rely on YouTube tutorials by enthusiasts, most of them are pretty awful. 

I cropped your screen cap movie and made a comp to see if camera tracking would work on that shot but the results were no good. This is not an ideal shot for camera tracking.

Screenshot_2020-07-14 17.05.09_1UpPpt.png

I had already created a procedural matte using a copy of the footage with Calculations and curves applied. The screenshot shows the settings and It generated a pretty decent matte from this tiny compressed footage.

Screenshot_2020-07-14 16.56.29_cb2h1v.png

To fix the tracking problem I used Mocha AE, used two splines to select enough of the frame to get a good track like this:

Screenshot_2020-07-14 17.09.25_T34FuQ.png

The Transform data was then applied to a Null layer, the Matte layer (a copy of the footage with effects) was set to Luma inverted to remove the sky, and a night sky layer (pre-composed from a couple of images I had lying around) was put on the bottom. Transparency was animated for the track matte layer to bring in the new sky. It worked pretty well and only took about 5 or 6 minutes.

SkyTrack.gif

That's how to efficiently solve this production problem. If you can get a good camera track for a shot that is usually preferable, but for a basic camera pan with some wiggle where the camera doesn't change position very much, Mocha AE is probably a much better solution. 

When Mocha AE first opens up there are is a link to the Mocha AE Manual. You should take the time to take a look and you should also check out the tutorials for Mocha AE on the Boris FX website. There are also links directly to good tutorials right in the Mocha Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your time. Your suggestions will be a lot helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines