Highlighted

I will pay someone to teach me how to do this

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to sync particles to my song. Learning the glow would be great but I really just need to know how he does the particles.
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I will pay someone to teach me how to do this

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to sync particles to my song. Learning the glow would be great but I really just need to know how he does the particles.
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new to AE you need to get familiar with the basics first by going through a few of the beginner tutorials in the User Guide.

The blue animated background can be created with Fractal Noise + color effects + Glow. The layer is then masked and put behind the front layer with the animated character. 

The next step is to add the audio track, convert audio to keyframes. check out the "Both Channels" property in the newly created Audio Amplitude layer using the Graph Editor and looking at the average values for the peaks and valleys of the value graph. You make a note of those values then apply it to Scale for both the blue fractal noise layer and the character using a linear method expression that looks something like this:

t = thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider");
tMin = .5;  // minumum value of Both Channels
tMax = 19; // maximum value of Both Channels
value1 = 80; // minimum scale value
value2 = 130; // maximum scale value
s = linear(t, tMin, tMax, value1, value2); // linear interpolation from expression language menu
[s, s] // array assigning the value of 's' to both X and Y

I already showed you how to use time remapping to drive the particles on the bottom layer.

No charge...

You should also check out a couple of other threads. This one uses Fractal noise and glow to add a fractal ring around an eye. This one shows how to create a similar glowing effect around a character.

If you are completely lost, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0