• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would like the record (the Purple circle) to rotate IN PLACE! [stay directly where it is] PLEASE!!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody, i'm extremely new to after effects and computer animation in general. I've been trying to make that circle that i highlighted in red rotate for days. What i am trying to do is make the circle rotate and it does, with the [time*] function But it won't stay in place and the whole object moves in rotation together. I've tried to focus on the little yellow line [HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN] within the circle to give the impression of spinning, but to no avail. I've tried pinning the position of the yellow dash to the center. I have no idea what im doing wrong. Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 5.30.04 PM.png

As of right now i can have it rotate relatively close to where it should STAY, but i would have to move everything in the composition for it to work and its STILL noticable too. Please any help would be greatly appreciated from the animation gods! Somebody please help me

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , How to , Performance , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

this is very basic, the easy way is to rotate the purple circle including the yellow path, by making it in a separate group and use the transformer for that group, try this small project where I duplicate what you are trying to do https://we.tl/t-32cQ4zD3b6 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is very basic, the easy way is to rotate the purple circle including the yellow path, by making it in a separate group and use the transformer for that group, try this small project where I duplicate what you are trying to do https://we.tl/t-32cQ4zD3b6 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! i think the main problem i had is that i imported the whole logo instead of doing it in parts. I'll try this out soon and let you know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it to work! Now the next question i have is. Do you know if there is a way to start the rotation at a specific time? Do i just use the diamond shaped marks, or is there another way to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines