Highlighted

If I Decided to make 1000 videos illustarting adobe after effects can i get any support from adobe ?

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I Decided to make 1000 videos illustarting adobe after effects can i get any support from adobe ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What support are you hoping for? What videos would you do? You need to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tutorials starting from basics to all i learned

the support i need is to publish these videos to wide range of people

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a day and age where there's gazillions of tutorial videos on YouTube alone, how does this even make sense? Unless you were to provide some super-specialized stuff and/ or were already affiliated with Adobe as a certified professional or similar, I can't see how anyone would be interested in such stuff.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to discourage you but I have to tell you that more than 90% of the problems people have following tutorials on this forum are caused by poorly presented, inefficient, improperly explained video tutorials presented by enthusiasts. I give about 50% of the tutorials I watch a D, maybe 20% a C, about 10% a B, and about 18% an F for complete failure. That leaves about 3% qualifying for a rating of excellent. I helped somebody the other day with a tutorial that had over 100,000 views and it was awful, the workflow was terrible, and unless you were using the same footage or a shot that was nearly identical, the technique didn't work. Why are there so many bad tutorials? Because there are very few experienced AE users that are great teachers, that understand how students think, and that know how to dig in and explain things in a way that most of their audience can follow and actually learn something.

If you really want to get some support from your tutorials start off by researching all of the ones you can find on a subject and figure out what is missing, what is poorly explained, and what you can do to improve the presentation. This requires a very good understanding of not only the UI, the properties you can modify, and the available plug-ins and scripts, but a great understanding of the principals of animation, layering, compositing, design, video standards, codecs, color theory, lighting theory and a bunch of other things that have everything to do with creating an effective animation that tells a story, planning and filming a shot for a visual effect, or making the visual effect work. None of those things are unique to After Effects.

Creating a really good and valuable tutorial takes a lot of time and practice. Create a couple of them. Make sure they are concise and explain what you are doing, then post them here and learn from the criticism. If you get really good, and you have a resume to back up your credentials, and you have a following, then maybe somebody like Linkedin Learning may offer you a position as one of their professional trainers. You might even get a job with Adobe, but flooding YouTube with 1000 quick tutorials that you throw together over the next 2 years isn't going to help very many people.

I keep trying to get the time to put together a compelling series of tutorials. I've been publishing them for about 20 years - on various techniques, and a lot of them help people with specific questions, but I have yet to be paid for any of them. Most of my latest ones are simple short explanations of a specific technique like this one explaining how to animate or morph a square to a circle. I would give it a B- for clarity. I left out some details on editing the speed graph. I also left out some of the explanations of how points on a path are animated and why you should have the same number of points (vertices) on every keyframe, but it does explain exactly how to animate a square or a rectangle into a circle. 

A fancy open, background music (never a good idea), and more sophisticated editing and graphics, and a shot of my pretty face in the corner explaining things are not going to improve the tutorial very much, but it might get me a couple more followers if I'm lucky. 

Post a couple of your videos and get some feedback. Don't get offended if folks don't like them or criticize them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much i will do my best to be among the 3%  you encouraged me alot coz if most of them are excellent then there is no need for me to do anything i will publish couple of my videos to get some feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0