Highlighted

illustrator file dimensions change when importing to after effects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import a logo which has been created in illustrator into After effects so that I can create shapes from the vector to animate.

However, which ever way I import the .ai file the dimensions change on my composition, it becomes very tall! the logo .ai file and the after effect compositions settings are the same size. On import I am selecting 'composition - retain layer sizes'..... please advise?

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

illustrator file dimensions change when importing to after effects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import a logo which has been created in illustrator into After effects so that I can create shapes from the vector to animate.

However, which ever way I import the .ai file the dimensions change on my composition, it becomes very tall! the logo .ai file and the after effect compositions settings are the same size. On import I am selecting 'composition - retain layer sizes'..... please advise?

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2019 0
Guide ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import is as 'composition' only. Maybe there is a leftover in the AI far outside of the artbord.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that still didnt work.... however I just created a square in illustrator and imported that (so that I could use screen grabs without showing my clients logo).. it worked fine, went to drag the logo.ai file which was already in my project and it's now working.... weird! I have no idea what's gone on but it's not fine! ha thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution.

I was having the same issue. When you are creating a new illustrator document try setting the document Raster Effects at 72 ppi.

A previous document had the raster effects set to 300 ppi and it was all sorts of wrong when I brought it in. I haven't tried verifying this with a second attempt  😛   good luck. 

- dan 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0