Highlighted

iMac OK for After Effects?

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using After Effects on my trusty Mac Pro (Mid-2010) for a decade now, and it's still serving me well.  However, with some of my music recording software, I'm bumping up against the fact that my OS (High Sierra) is too old to support some of the newer applications, so I'm thinking it might be high time to get a new Mac.

But I was astonished at how much Mac wants for a new Mac Pro. I don't have $5 or $6000 to spend on a new Mac Pro, so my question is, is a new $1299 to $1499 iMac (not the $4999 iMac Pro version), capable of providing a good After Effects and Premiere experience?   

How might it compare with what I'm used to on my aging Mac Pro?   If it's not likely to be an improvement, I may just upgrade my graphics card for $200 and upgrade to Mojave OS.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iMac OK for After Effects?

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using After Effects on my trusty Mac Pro (Mid-2010) for a decade now, and it's still serving me well.  However, with some of my music recording software, I'm bumping up against the fact that my OS (High Sierra) is too old to support some of the newer applications, so I'm thinking it might be high time to get a new Mac.

But I was astonished at how much Mac wants for a new Mac Pro. I don't have $5 or $6000 to spend on a new Mac Pro, so my question is, is a new $1299 to $1499 iMac (not the $4999 iMac Pro version), capable of providing a good After Effects and Premiere experience?   

How might it compare with what I'm used to on my aging Mac Pro?   If it's not likely to be an improvement, I may just upgrade my graphics card for $200 and upgrade to Mojave OS.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initially need to check the system requirements of After Effects.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0