Highlighted

iMac Pro unable to play clip back

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dragged a Premire Project file into AE and I am trying to apply some basic effects. The CTI moves, though the video in the Composition does not unless it seems I get lucky. I am working with a iMac Pro with 64GB of ram and a 3.2GHz 8-core processor and a Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB. 

The clip is only about 10 seconds long, HD and 120fps interpreted to 23.967fps in Premiere. I tried dropping the resolution in the window down to a quarter and i have fast draft turned on. I applied Simple Wire Removal to the clip though it is impossible to work with because I cant view anything.

1. Is there some setting that I am missing to make this play back more smoothly?

2. Does dragging the Premiere Project file into After Effects make it less efficient? is there a better way?

Thanks in advance 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iMac Pro unable to play clip back

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dragged a Premire Project file into AE and I am trying to apply some basic effects. The CTI moves, though the video in the Composition does not unless it seems I get lucky. I am working with a iMac Pro with 64GB of ram and a 3.2GHz 8-core processor and a Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB. 

The clip is only about 10 seconds long, HD and 120fps interpreted to 23.967fps in Premiere. I tried dropping the resolution in the window down to a quarter and i have fast draft turned on. I applied Simple Wire Removal to the clip though it is impossible to work with because I cant view anything.

1. Is there some setting that I am missing to make this play back more smoothly?

2. Does dragging the Premiere Project file into After Effects make it less efficient? is there a better way?

Thanks in advance 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interpreting 120 FPS footage in Premiere Pro to 23.976 makes the footage slow motion with one second of realtime taking 5 seconds of screen time. Is that what you wanted to do?

Depending on how you set up your sequence the frame rate change may not have come into After Effects. You'll have to check the interpretation of the footage. Select it in the Project Panel and verify the frame rate is correct. If it is not, you will have to fix that using File/Interpret Footage/Main.

Simple wire removal should not take a long time. What are the frame rate and frame size of the main comp? It should match the frame rate for the footage shown in the Project Panel. If it does not, you should pre-compose the footage moving all attributes to the new comp, and then apply Simple Wire Removal to the pre-comp.

Importing a Premiere Pro project file into After Effects should bring in all of the footage and you should be able to create a comp from the sequences, but After Effects is NOT a video editing app. Most comps should be one shot that you cannot prepare or process in Premiere Pro. My average comp is six seconds or less. Many are only a few frames.  Trying to polish up a five or ten-minute sequence in After Effects is incredibly inefficient, none of the Premiere Pro transitions and only a few of the effects will come over, and the render time for an AE comp compared to a Premiere Pro project is usually at least 25% to 30% longer because the internal decode-encode pixel engine works in a completely different way.

It would really help us if we had a better workflow description and we knew what your design goals include.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0